Hale Keiki School provides many options for parents and grandparents to volunteer!
- Talk with your child(ren)'s teacher(s) to arrange a time for you to help out in the class
- Keep our campus clean and beautiful by volunteering at a School Improvement Day
- Help set up for one of our schoolwide programs or Lei Day ceremony
- Donate an item or service to our annual auction or create a dessert
- Volunteer for a position on the Board of Governors or PTO
- Assist by donating services for projects or school needs
School Improvement Days
School Improvement Days or "Work Days" are a chance for parents, staff, and students to get together and beautify our campus. School Improvement Days occur three to four times a school year on a Saturday morning. Volunteers are highly encouraged!
Each Work Day, volunteers are needed to help
Paint/touch up campus buildings, benches, and more
Trim trees and plants
Clean up brush, leaves, and limbs
Scrub and shine sinks and water fountains
Power wash sidewalks and buildings
Volunteers are treated to a free lunch and beverages.
For the next School Improvement Day, please check our events calendar.
PARENT/teacher ORGANIZATION (PTO)
Hale Keiki School thrives on parent involvement. Parents are encouraged to volunteer at school events, chaperone field trips, and join a parent organization.
The HKS PTO supports and enhances the school’s existing programs through the involvement of voluntary membership. Learn more about the HKS PTO and how you can get involved.
BOARD OF GOVERNORS (BOG)
The school operates through a Land Use Agreement with the United States Navy, Pearl Harbor, and is governed by a Board of Governors (BOG). The BOG is comprised of parents of currently enrolled children and three Community Advisors. Learn more about the BOG and its role at HKS.
For more ways to help, contact our administrative staff today at (808) 423-1727 or at email@example.com.